- This event has passed.
Coaching and Skill Building; Restorative Practices in Action
May 4 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
In these highly experiential coaching sessions, you are invited to bring your unique challenges and questions and get on-the-spot coaching and group-peer support.
These sessions may take us on pedagogical, behavioral, ethical, personal and cultural reflections and insights on how restorative practices can support individuals and our sense of community. You will leave with both new or reinforced skills integrating the restorative approach and hands-on practical strategies for your unique situation. We will invite the wisdom in our circle and peer-to-peer support.
Any questions and situations are welcomed, here are some examples:
- I want to run more circles but I am having anxiety in this re-entry moment
- My students are not engaging, not participating and I don’t know what else to do …
- There are specific behaviors I just can’t see with a restorative lens ….
- What can I do next if a student repeats the behavior after a restorative circle?
- I want to take a more restorative approach but don’t know where to start
- I’m exhausted and burnt out, I don’t have patience or energy to be present with the kids
All professional development sessions use a trauma-informed approach and teach skills and practices that you can implement immediately. We highly encourage participants to join our weekly coaching sessions for a deeper dive into the challenges of implementation and practice. All 2021-2022 sessions will be held virtually on Zoom.