- This event has passed.
Community of Practice: Students with Disabilities and Behavior Support
January 19 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 pm
Restorative DC is excited to connect with current and new restorative practitioners, coordinators, and school support staff, educational support and community-based organizations throughout the District of Columbia as part of our Community of Practice (CoP) series for SchoolYear 2021-22.The CoP will provide participants with an opportunity to:
- Participate in city-wide problem solving group activities.
- Explore current restorative promising practices
- Practice tangible and practical skills that are necessary for a restorative mindset and culture shift.
- Create a city-wide network of restorative practitioners and support.
- Consider the intersection of restorative practices and multi-tiered levels of support throughout the District.
Format: The hour-long sessions will be guided by team members from Restorative DC and co-facilitated by leaders and practitioners from our RDC partner schools as well as experts in the field of restorative justice, social emotional learning (SEL), mental health, and MTSS. Session activities will include self-guided circles for subject matter exploration, deep dives into ‘hot topics’ that are relevant in the current school climate, and practice exercises that will strengthen the restorative skills of participants. All sessions will be held on the third or fourth Wednesday of each month and will be virtual except for the in-person May celebratory session.
- Stamina, Resilience and Re-Entry for Staff and Students (October 20)
- Adjusting to New Norms and Reconnection (November 17)
- Transitioning to a Restorative Culture (December 15)
- Students with Disabilities and Behavior Support(January 19)
- Community & Connection – Sharing Promising Restorative Practices (February 16)
- Addressing Student Behavior – Sharing Promising Restorative Practices (March 16)
- Complex & Community – Sharing Promising Restorative Practices (April 20)
- In-person Celebration (May 18)