- This event has passed.
Community of Practice: Establishing Restorative Boundaries with Students
November 16at9:30 am - 11:00 am
Positive and nurturing relationships are foundational to restorative approaches to education. Establishing boundaries is one approach to creating well balanced and equitable relationships between students and staff. However, the process of navigating healthy relationship boundaries with our students requires ongoing attention and care, and this can be extremely complex and challenging. During this Community of Practice, we will consider how restorative boundaries particularly impact both students and staff, knowing that these boundaries inevitably will influence the entire school culture.
- What are restorative boundaries?
- What are key components of boundaries?
- How do we create opportunities for students and staff to establish boundaries together?
- What are the possible outcomes of not embracing boundaries between students and staff in our schools?
- What are the possible outcomes of embracing boundaries between students and staff in our schools?
– – – – – – – –
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. Please indicate any reasonable accommodations that will allow you to participate in this event at least 3-5 days prior to start. Email us at [email protected] with any questions.
Professional Learning Units are not available for Restorative Justice Community of Practice sessions.